- hour longer or until meat and beans are tender. Remove from heat.
- Cool slightly. Remove ham hocks. Cover and refrigerate ham hocks and
- Remove meat from bones; discard bones. Set meat aside. Remove fat
- from broth. Return broth with the beans and meat to pan. Add the
- celery, carrots, onion and green beans. Bring to a boil over medium
- heat. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 10 minutes. Add tomatoes
- and seasonings; cook for 10 minutes. Add cabbage; cook 35 minutes
- longer or until vegetables are tender. Yield: 7 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1-1/2 cups equals 269 calories, 10 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 34 mg cholesterol, 1,121 mg sodium, 27 g carbohydrate, 10 g fiber, 19 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 lean meat, 2 vegetable, 1 starch, 1/2 fat.