Ham and Avocado Scramble
Hearty ham, creamy avocado and a hint of garlic—this winning egg dish has all the makings for a breakfast, lunch or dinner. —Elisabeth Larsen, Pleasant Grove, Utah
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 8 eggs
- 1/4 cup 2% milk
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup cubed fully cooked ham
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 medium ripe California Avocado, peeled and cubed
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Colby-Monterey Jack cheese
- In a large bowl, whisk the eggs, milk, garlic powder and pepper; stir
- in ham. In a large skillet, melt butter over medium-high heat. Add
- egg mixture; cook and stir until almost set. Stir in avocado and
- cheese. Cook and stir until completely set. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 cup equals 407 calories, 31 g fat (13 g saturated fat), 475 mg cholesterol, 789 mg sodium, 8 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 26 g protein.