Ham Slice with Pineapple-Orange Sauce
A juicy ham slice is just as tasty as a whole ham, and it's easier and faster to prepare. Plus, topped with golden pineapple sauce, this dish is so elegant on the table.
6-8 ServingsPrep: 20 min. Bake: 25 min.
- 1 fully cooked ham slice (about 1 inch thick and 2 pounds)
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 can (8 ounces) unsweetened sliced pineapple
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- Dash ground ginger
- 1/3 cup orange juice
- 1 teaspoon white wine vinegar
- In a large skillet, brown ham in butter. Place in a greased 13-in. x
- 9-in. baking dish. Drain pineapple, reserving juice; set juice
- aside. Place pineapple over ham; set aside.
- In a saucepan, combine the brown sugar, cornstarch, ginger, orange
- juice, vinegar and reserved pineapple juice. Bring to a boil over
- medium heat; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened and
- bubbly. Pour over ham and pineapple. Bake, uncovered, at 350°
- for 25-30 minutes or until ham is heated through. Yield: 6-8
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (4 ounces) equals 277 calories, 16 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 63 mg cholesterol, 1,544 mg sodium,