- necessary. Wrap tightly and refrigerate for several hours.
- Meanwhile, combine all filling ingredients. On a lightly floured
- surface, roll out a fourth of the dough to 1/8-in. thickness. Using
- a 3-1/2- to 4-in. round cutter, cut dough into circles. Place on
- ungreased baking sheets.
- Spread a scant tablespoon of filling on half of each circle. Moisten
- edge slightly with water and fold over, sealing with the tines of a
- fork. Cut slits in top of pasties.
- Repeat with remaining dough and filling. In a small bowl, beat egg
- with water; brush tops of pasties. Sprinkle with poppy or sesame
- seeds. Bake at 400° for 15-20 minutes or until golden. Serve
- warm. Yield: 3-1/2 to 4-1/2 dozen.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (2 each) equals 281 calories, 19 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 24 mg cholesterol, 378 mg sodium, 20 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 6 g protein.