Ham Pasta Salad
I "invented" this salad as I went along...it's a combination of various pasta salad recipes I'd seen. It can be served as a side dish, of course. In summer, however, my husband doesn't care for hot meals, so I make it as a main dish.
We're recent city transplants with two young children, ages 6 and 3.
4-6 ServingsPrep: 20 min. + chilling
- 1 package (7 ounces) shell macaroni, cooked and drained
- 2 cups cubed fully cooked ham
- 1 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 cup chopped tomato
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup Miracle Whip
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Additional Parmesan cheese
- In a large bowl, toss macaroni with ham, green pepper, tomato and
- onion. In a small bowl, combine Miracle Whip, Parmesan cheese, milk
- and salt. Pour over pasta mixture and stir to coat. Cover and
- Sprinkle with additional Parmesan before serving. Yield: 4-6
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 cup) equals 366 calories, 20 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 35 mg cholesterol, 865 mg sodium, 30 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 15 g protein.