Ham Pasta Salad
A bowl of this pasta salad is popular at potlucks. It's always one of the first dishes to go.Ruth Bolduc, Conway, New Hampshire
9 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1 package (7 ounces) small shell pasta
- 3/4 cup fat-free mayonnaise
- 3/4 cup salsa
- 1-1/2 teaspoons prepared mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon celery seed
- 1-1/2 cups cubed fully cooked ham
- 1-1/2 cups sliced celery
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh tomato
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Rinse in cold water and
- drain. Place in a large bowl; stir in the mayonnaise, salsa, mustard
- and celery seed. Cover and refrigerate. Just before serving, stir in
- the remaining ingredients. Yield: 9 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 cup equals 150 calories, 3 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 15 mg cholesterol, 566 mg sodium, 23 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 8 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 starch, 1 lean meat.
Wine: Light-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.