Ham And Cheese Frittata
This frittata is a nice change of pace from traditional scrambled eggs. Plus, it looks so pretty on a buffet table.
Ivy Abbadessa, Laxahatchee, Florida
6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1 cup diced fully cooked ham
- 1/2 cup chopped sweet red pepper or green pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 6 eggs, lightly beaten
- 3/4 cup 4% cottage cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 plum tomatoes, sliced
- 1/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- In a large ovenproof skillet coated with cooking spray, saute the
- ham, red pepper and onion until ham is lightly browned and
- vegetables are tender.
- In a large bowl, combine the eggs, cottage cheese and pepper; pour
- over ham mixture. As eggs set, lift edges, letting uncooked portion
- flow underneath.
- When the eggs are almost set, broil 4-6 in. from the heat for 1
- minute or until top is set. Top with tomatoes and cheddar cheese.
- Broil 1 minute longer or until cheese is melted. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 piece) equals 172 calories, 10 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 236 mg cholesterol, 492 mg sodium, 6 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 15 g protein.