Ham 'n' Swiss Rolls
"As a nurse on the night shift, I get home at 7 a.m.," she relates. "So I depend on no-fuss recipes in planning breakfast for husband Joseph and me." Among her creative morning offerings is the menu presented here. Like all beat-the-clock meals featured on this page, it can start waking up family taste buds in half an hour.
"Our grown children are big fans of ham and cheese. My Ham 'n' Swiss Roll
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1 tube (8 ounces) refrigerated crescent rolls
- 1 cup diced fully cooked ham
- 3/4 cup finely shredded Swiss cheese
- 1-1/2 teaspoons prepared mustard
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped onion
- Separate crescent rolls into eight triangles. In a small bowl,
- combine the ham, cheese, mustard and onion; place 2 tablespoons
- mixture in the center of each triangle.
- Fold points toward center and pinch edges to seal. Place on a lightly
- greased baking sheet. Bake at 375° for 11-13 minutes or until
- lightly browned. Yield: 4 servings (2 rolls each).
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (2 each) equals 357 calories, 21 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 37 mg cholesterol, 966 mg sodium, 24 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 16 g protein.