Ham 'n' Cheese Egg Loaf
"My family has enjoyed attractive slices of this moist brunch loaf for many years," writes Connie Bair of East Wenatchee, Washington. "Whenever I serve it at gatherings, there are never any leftovers."
6-8 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Bake: 55 min. + cooling
- 6 eggs
- 3/4 cup 2% milk
- 1 teaspoon prepared mustard
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 6 Wright® Brand Bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
Make summer recipes special with fresh, thick slices of Wright® Brand Bacon.
See More Recipes >
- 1 cup cubed fully cooked ham
- 4 ounces cheddar cheese, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 4 ounces Monterey Jack cheese, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- In a large bowl, beat eggs until frothy, about 1 minute. Add milk and
- mustard. Combine the flour, baking powder and salt. Add to the egg
- mixture and beat until smooth. Stir in bacon, ham and cheeses.
- Transfer to a greased and floured 9-in. x 5-in. loaf pan.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 55-60 minutes or until a toothpick
- inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10-15 minutes.
- Run a knife around edge of pan to remove. Slice and serve warm.
- Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 slice) equals 323 calories, 18 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 206 mg cholesterol, 732 mg sodium,