Ham 'n' Cheese Brunch Strips
These hand-held sandwich strips pair well with scrambled eggs. If desired, substitute slices of cooked chicken for the ham. —Taste of Home Test Kitchen
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 8 slices white bread, crusts removed
- 8 slices Swiss cheese
- 4 thin slices deli ham
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- Spread mustard over four slices of bread. Layer each with a slice of
- cheese, ham and another cheese slice. Top with remaining bread.
- Butter the outside of the sandwiches. In a large skillet over medium
- heat, toast sandwiches for 3-4 minutes on each side or until bread
- is lightly browned and cheese is melted. Remove to a cutting board;
- cut each sandwich lengthwise into thirds. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 489 calories, 29 g fat (16 g saturated fat), 105 mg cholesterol, 1,577 mg sodium, 26 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 30 g protein.