Ham 'N' Corn Scrambled Eggs
For a light lunch or dinner, try this skillet supper from Esther Shank of Harrison, Virginia. "Place a couple of potatoes in the microwave to 'bake' while you're making this, so you have a complete meal," she writes.
3-4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 6 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 packages (10 ounces each) frozen corn in butter sauce, thawed
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1-1/2 cups cubed fully cooked ham
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- In a bowl, combine the first five ingredients; set aside. In a large
- skillet, cook ham in butter until heated through. Add egg mixture;
- cook and stir over medium heat until the eggs are completely set.
- Sprinkle with cheese. Cover and remove from the heat. Let stand for
- 3-5 minutes or until cheese is melted. Yield: 3-4 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (3/4 cup) equals 414 calories, 26 g fat (13 g saturated fat), 392 mg cholesterol, 1,290 mg sodium, 19 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 27 g protein.