Ham 'N' Cheese Stromboli
Susan Brown says she sometimes makes several of these savory loaves to keep in her freezer for weeknight meals. Loaded with ham, broccoli and cheese, the spiral sandwich spices are ideal for folks with lively lifestyles. "I shared a loaf with my co-workers and they loved it," she writes from Lithonia, Georgia.
6 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 35 min. + standing
- 1 loaf (1 pound) frozen white bread dough, thawed
- 1/2 pound sliced Swiss cheese
- 1/2 pound thinly sliced deli ham
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Colby cheese
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen chopped broccoli, thawed and drained
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- On a floured surface, roll dough into an 18-in. x 12-in. rectangle.
- Layer with Swiss cheese, ham, cheddar cheese, Colby cheese and
- broccoli to within 1 in. of edges; sprinkle with garlic powder. Roll
- up jelly-roll style, starting with a long side; seal seams and ends.
- Place seam side down on a greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan.
- Bake, uncovered, at 400° for 20 minutes. Cover loosely with
- foil; bake 15-20 minutes longer. Let stand for 10 minutes before
- slicing. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 slice equals 583 calories, 30 g fat (17 g saturated fat), 100 mg cholesterol, 1,256 mg sodium, 42 g carbohydrate, 5 g fiber, 35 g protein.