Ham & Swiss Melts
Who knew that the humble pickle could add so much pep to a grilled ham and cheese? Splitting the baguette four ways makes these a manageable size for devouring!Louise Gilbert, Quesnel, British Columbia
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1 French bread baguette (10-1/2 ounces)
- 16 slices Swiss cheese
- 8 thin sandwich pickle slices
- 4 slices deli ham
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- Cut baguette in half without slicing through completely. Arrange half
- of the cheese on bottom half. Top with pickles, ham and remaining
- cheese; sprinkle with paprika. Close sandwich; cut crosswise into
- four pieces.
- Transfer to an ungreased baking sheet. Bake at 350° for 12-15
- minutes or until cheese is melted. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 sandwich equals 492 calories, 22 g fat (15 g saturated fat), 86 mg cholesterol, 1,004 mg sodium, 42 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 29 g protein.