Ham & Spinach Couscous
A simple way to dress up couscous, this colorful, foolproof dish makes a lovely one-pot meal when time's tight. —Lisa Shannon, Cullman, Alabama
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup chopped fully cooked ham
- 1 cup chopped fresh spinach
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 cup uncooked couscous
- 1/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- In a large saucepan, combine the water, ham, spinach and garlic salt.
- Bring to a boil. Stir in couscous. Remove from the heat; cover and
- let stand for 5-10 minutes or until water is absorbed. Fluff with a
- fork. Sprinkle with cheese. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 cup equals 248 calories, 6 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 26 mg cholesterol, 727 mg sodium, 36 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 14 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 1 lean meat, 1 fat.
Wine: Medium-Bodied Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.