Ham & Pea Fettuccine
This fast and easy weeknight dinner makes smart use of items you can pick up quickly at the deli. What's more, it's delish! —Willie DeWaard, Coralville, Iowa
3 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 4 ounces uncooked fettuccine
- 1 cup cubed fully cooked ham
- 3/4 cup frozen peas, thawed
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 green onion, chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/3 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Cook the fettuccine according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute the ham, peas, walnuts, onion,
- thyme and pepper in oil until heated through. Drain fettuccine. Add
- to ham mixture and toss to coat. Sprinkle with cheese; cover for 1
- minute or until cheese is melted. Yield: 3 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 cup equals 424 calories, 24 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 38 mg cholesterol, 726 mg sodium, 35 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 20 g protein.
Wine: Medium-Bodied Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.