Ham & Cheese Casseroles
“I got this recipe from my mother and love it because it’s easy and I’ve usually got the ingredients on hand," says Jan Schoshke of Brookville, Kansas. "Also, it freezes well and I can have it handy when extra guests show up. Everyone always likes it; there are never leftovers.”
16 ServingsPrep: 20 min. Bake: 25 min.
- 1-1/2 pounds uncooked egg noodles
- 3 pounds cubed fully cooked ham
- 4 cans (10-3/4 ounces each) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 4 cups frozen cut green beans, thawed
- 1 cup 2% milk
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded Colby-Monterey Jack cheese
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large
- bowl, combine the ham, soup, beans and milk. Drain pasta; pour over
- ham mixture and toss to coat. Transfer to two greased 13-in. x 9-in.
- baking dishes.
- Drizzle each with butter; sprinkle with cheese. Cover and freeze one
- casserole for up to 3 months. Bake the remaining casserole,
- uncovered, at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until heated through.
- To use frozen casserole: Thaw in the refrigerator overnight. Remove
- from the refrigerator 30 minutes before baking. Bake, uncovered, at
- 350° for 40-45 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 2
- casseroles (8 servings each).
Nutrition Facts: 1-1/3 cups equals 470 calories, 21 g fat (9 g saturated fat), 109 mg cholesterol, 1,786 mg sodium,