- Place one sheet of phyllo dough on a work surface. (Keep remaining
- phyllo covered with plastic wrap and a damp towel to prevent it from
- drying out.) Brush with melted butter. Sprinkle with 2 teaspoons
- bread crumbs. Fold in half lengthwise; brush again with butter.
- Spoon 1/2 cup filling onto phyllo about 2 in. from a short side.
- Fold side and edges over filling and roll up.
- Brush with butter. Repeat. Place on a greased baking sheet; sprinkle
- each with 1 teaspoon cheese and 1 teaspoon parsley. Bake at 375°
- for 10-15 minutes or until golden brown. Serve immediately. Yield: 6
Freeze option: After topping strudels with cheese and parsley, freeze unbaked on a waxed paper-lined baking sheet until firm. Transfer to a freezer container; return to freezer. To use, bake strudels as directed, increasing time to 30-35 minutes or until heated through and golden brown.
Nutrition Facts: 1 strudel equals 439 calories, 33 g fat (18 g saturated fat), 255 mg cholesterol, 754 mg sodium, 20 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 16 g protein.