Ham & Apple Grilled Cheese Sandwiches
This recipe comes from a restaurant dish I loved and tried to duplicate at home. The combination of flavors is perfectly balanced. It always earns rave reviews! —Erin Renouf Mylroie, Santa Clara, Utah
2 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 4 slices sourdough bread
- 4 ounces thinly sliced deli ham
- 8 thin slices apple
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 4-1/2 teaspoons butter, softened
- Combine mustard and honey; spread 2 tablespoons mixture over two
- bread slices. Layer with ham, apple and cheese. Spread remaining
- bread with remaining mustard mixture; place on top. Butter outsides
- of sandwiches.
- In a small skillet over medium heat, toast sandwiches for 2-3 minutes
- on each side or until cheese is melted. Yield: 2 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 sandwich (prepared with reduced-fat cheese and reduced-fat butter) equals 537 calories, 19 g fat (11 g saturated fat), 76 mg cholesterol, 1,738 mg sodium, 65 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 32 g protein.