Halloween Night Cookie Puzzle
A Halloween sleepover can’t be complete without this cookie puzzle. It is easy to make and decorate…and fast to eat! The kids will never stop talking about the puzzle they ate at your house!—Taste of Home Test Kitchen
24 ServingsPrep: 30 min. Bake: 20 min. + cooling
- 1 tube (18 ounces) refrigerated sugar cookie dough, softened
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- Unblanched almonds
- 3 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1/3 cup light corn syrup
- 2 to 4 tablespoons water
- Assorted food coloring, decorating gels, sprinkles and candies
- In a large bowl, combine cookie dough and flour. On a parchment
- paper-lined surface, roll dough into a 14-in. x 11-in. rectangle.
- With Halloween cookie cutters, cut out puzzle shapes but do not
- remove them. Slide a baking sheet under the parchment paper and
- dough. Chill for 5-10 minutes.
- Remove shapes; place on an ungreased baking sheet. For handles, press
- the side of an almond into the center of each puzzle shape. Bake
- shapes at 350° for 7-9 minutes or until edges are golden brown.
- While still warm, recut shapes with the same cookie cutters to form
- neat edges. (If cookies cool too quickly, return to oven until
- softened.) Remove to wire racks; cool.
- Bake large rectangular puzzle on a parchment paper-lined baking sheet
- for 12-13 minutes or until edges are golden brown. Immediately recut
- the shapes inside the puzzle to form neat edges. Cool completely on
- a wire rack.
- In a small bowl, combine the confectioners' sugar, corn syrup and