- In a bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs,
- one at a time, beating well after each. Combine flour, baking powder
- and salt; add alternately with milk to creamed mixture. Mix well.
- Combine cocoa, water and vanilla; stir in 2 cups cake batter.
- Pour into a greased and floured 9-in. round baking pan. Add orange
- extract, peel and food coloring to remaining batter. Pour into two
- greased and floured 9-in. round baking pans. Bake at 350° for 30
- minutes or until cake tests done. Cool for 10 minutes before
- removing from pans to wire racks.
- In a bowl, beat all frosting ingredients until smooth. Place one
- orange cake layer on a cake plate; spread with 1/2 cup frosting. Top
- with chocolate layer; spread with 1/2 cup frosting. Top with second
- orange layer. Frost the sides and top of each.
- Microwave chocolate and cream on high 1-1/2 minutes or, stirring
- once. Stir until smooth; let cool 2 minutes. Slowly pour over cake,
- letting glaze drizzle down sides. Garnish with candy corn. Yield:
- 12-16 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 529 calories, 18 g fat (10 g saturated fat), 99 mg cholesterol, 307 mg sodium, 89 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 6 g protein.