Halloween Ice Cream Treats
These yummy homemade ice cream treats are super fun and simple to make. You could also use scoops of pumpkin ice cream in place of the vanilla or use your family's favorite flavor.—Taste of Home Test Kitchen
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 4 gingersnap cookies
- 4 scoops vanilla ice cream (about 1/4 cup)
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 teaspoon shortening
- Orange and purple Halloween sprinkles
- Place gingersnaps in a single layer on a waxed paper-lined baking
- sheet; top each with a scoop of ice cream. Freeze until firm.
- In a small microwave-safe bowl, melt chocolate and shortening; stir
- until smooth.
- Remove one dessert at a time from the freezer. Dip in melted
- chocolate; top with sprinkles. Freeze until serving. Repeat with
- remaining desserts. Yield: 4 servings.
Wine: Sweet White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.