Classic bacon cheeseburgers are taken to a whole new level with zippy green chilies and melted Monterey Jack. A dollop of guacamole adds a delicious twist. Patricia Collins of Imbler, Oregon shares the recipe.
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- In a large skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp. Remove
- to paper towels to drain. Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine onion
- and green chilies; set aside. Shape beef into eight patties. Top
- half of patties with onion mixture. Cover with remaining patties and
- firmly press edges to seal.
- Grill, covered, over medium heat for 5-7 minutes on each side or
- until a meat thermometer reads 160° and juices run clear. Top
- each with bacon and cheese. Grill 1 minute longer or until cheese is
- melted. Serve on buns with guacamole. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 burger with 1 tablespoon guacamole equals 549 calories, 31 g fat (13 g saturated fat), 120 mg cholesterol, 896 mg sodium, 26 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 39 g protein.