Gruyere Potatoes au Gratin
Rich and creamy, this simple-to-fix dish will make guests think you fussed. The recipe calls for packaged hash brown potatoes so there’s no peeling or cutting. —Suzan Ward, Post Falls, Idaho
12 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 50 min.
- 1 package (30 ounces) frozen shredded hash brown potatoes
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded Gruyere cheese or Swiss cheese
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- In a large bowl, combine the hash browns, lemon juice, garlic, salt
- and pepper. In a small bowl, combine the Gruyere and Parmesan
- Layer half of the hash brown mixture and half of the cheese in a
- greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Repeat layers. Pour cream over
- Cover and bake at 400° for 45 minutes. Uncover; bake 5-10 minutes
- longer or until edges begin to brown. Let stand for 5 minutes before
- cutting. Yield: 12 servings (3/4 cup each).
Nutrition Facts: 1 piece equals 380 calories, 29 g fat (17 g saturated fat), 102 mg cholesterol, 450 mg sodium, 14 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 17 g protein.