Gruyere Potato Bake
My friend shared this recipe with me , and after I discovered what Gruyere cheese was, this easy, delicious dish became a frequent request from my boys. It's so simple…only three ingredients plus salt and pepper to taste.
2 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Bake: 35 min.
- 2 medium potatoes, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup shredded Gruyere or Swiss cheese
- Dash salt
- Dash pepper
- 2 tablespoons chicken broth
- In a greased 1-1/2-qt. baking dish, layer half of the potatoes,
- cheese, salt and pepper. Repeat layers. Drizzle broth over top.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until potatoes are
- tender. Yield: 2 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving equals 281 calories, 9 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 30 mg cholesterol, 238 mg sodium, 38 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 13 g protein.