Ground Beef Quiche
This hearty quiche is perfect to serve overnight guests because it's so easy to make. Your guests will love the delicious combination of beef and Swiss cheese.
6 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 35 min.
- 1/2 pound ground beef
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Swiss cheese
- 1 unbaked pastry shell (9 inches)
- In a large skillet, cook ground beef and onion until beef is browned
- and onion is tender; drain. Stir in the salt, oregano, garlic powder
- and pepper. In a large bowl, whisk the eggs, milk and mayonnaise;
- stir into meat mixture. Fold in cheeses.
- Pour into pastry shell. Bake, uncovered, at 350° or until a knife
- inserted near the center comes out clean. Let stand 5 minutes before
- cutting. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 piece) equals 558 calories, 42 g fat (16 g saturated fat), 184 mg cholesterol, 650 mg sodium,