Grilled Turkey Tenderloins
"I've been using this recipe for 10 years-we love it!" shares Debra Holt of Franklin, Virginia. "I am a high school teacher, and a student gave me the recipe."
2 ServingsPrep: 5 min. + marinating Grill: 10 min.
- 1/4 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 4 teaspoons canola oil
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon ground mustard
- 3/4 pound turkey breast tenderloins
- In a small bowl, combine the soy sauce, oil, sugar, garlic, ginger
- and mustard. Pour 1/4 cup marinade into a large resealable plastic
- bag; add turkey. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for up to 4
- hours. Cover and refrigerate remaining marinade for basting.
- Drain and discard marinade. Using long-handled tongs, moisten a paper
- towel with cooking oil and lightly coat the grill rack. Grill
- turkey, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for
- 8-10 minutes or until a meat thermometer reads 170°, turning
- twice and basting occasionally with reserved marinade. Cut into
- slices. Yield: 2 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 5 ounces cooked turkey equals 244 calories, 6 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 112 mg cholesterol, 675 mg sodium, 3 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 42 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 6 lean meat, 1 fat.