Grilled Turkey Tenderloin
When they taste my grilled specialty, my guests say, "This turkey melts in your mouthand the flavor is fantastic!" The recipe includes a tangy marinade that was developed for our turkey producers' booth at the state fair.
Denise Nebel, Wayland, Iowa
4 ServingsPrep: 5 min. + marinating Grill: 20 min.
- 1/4 cup apple juice
- 1/4 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons dried minced onion
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- Dash each garlic powder and pepper
- 2 turkey breast tenderloins (1/2 pound each)
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the apple juice, soy
- sauce, oil, lemon juice, onion, vanilla, ginger, garlic powder and
- pepper; add the turkey. Seal bag and turn to coat. Refrigerate for
- at least 2 hours.
- Drain and discard marinade. Grill turkey, covered, over medium heat
- for 8-10 minutes on each side or until a meat thermometer reads
- 170°. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutrition Facts: One serving (prepared with light soy sauce) equals 4 lean meat, 1 vegetable, 1/2 fat; also, 284 calories, 558 mg sodium, 82 mg cholesterol, 6 gm carbohydrate, 31 gm protein, 14 gm fat.