Grilled Tuna Steaks for Two
"After enjoying yellowfin tuna at a restaurant in southwest Florida, I came up with this recipe so I could enjoy the flavor of my favorite fish at home.” —Jan Huntington, Painesville, Ohio
2 ServingsPrep: 10 min. + marinating Grill: 10 min.
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1-1/2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh thyme or 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 2 tuna steaks (6 ounces each)
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the lemon juice, oil,
- garlic and thyme. Add the tuna; seal bag and turn to coat.
- Refrigerate for up to 30 minutes, turning occasionally.
- Remove tuna from bag; sprinkle with salt and pepper. Using
- long-handled tongs, moisten a paper towel with cooking oil and
- lightly coat the grill rack.
- Grill tuna, covered, over medium-hot heat or broil 4 in. from the
- heat for 3-4 minutes on each side for medium-rare or until slightly
- pink in the center. Yield: 2 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 tuna steak equals 218 calories, 5 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 77 mg cholesterol, 211 mg sodium, 1 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 40 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 5 lean meat, 1/2 fat.