Grilled Teriyaki Salmon
The super-fast marinade for this salmon recipe from Lenita Schafer of Princeton, Massachusetts combines maple syrup and teriyaki sauce which also creates a delicious sweet-and-sour glaze. She relates, “The salmon stays extremely moist and is really yummy.”
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 3/4 cup reduced-sodium teriyaki sauce
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 4 salmon fillets (6 ounces each)
- In a small bowl, combine teriyaki sauce and syrup. Set aside 1/4 cup
- for basting. Pour remaining marinade into a large resealable plastic
- bag; add salmon. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for 15
- Drain and discard marinade. Using long-handled tongs, moisten a paper
- towel with cooking oil and lightly coat the grill rack. Place
- fillets skin side down. Grill, covered, over medium heat or broil 4
- in. from the heat for 8-12 minutes or until fish flakes easily with
- a fork, basting frequently with reserved marinade. Yield: 4
Nutrition Facts: 1 fillet equals 362 calories, 18 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 100 mg cholesterol, 422 mg sodium, 12 g carbohydrate, 0 fiber, 35 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 5 lean meat, 1 fruit, 1/2 fat.
Wine: Full-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.