- Meanwhile, in a shallow bowl, drizzle sweet potato slices with 2
- tablespoons dressing; toss to coat. Set remaining dressing aside.
- Arrange potato slices on a grilling grid; place on a grill rack.
- Grill, covered, over medium heat for 5-6 minutes on each side or
- until tender. Cut into bite-size pieces.
- Peel off and discard charred skin from peppers; seed and coarsely
- chop. In a large bowl, combine the potatoes, peppers, celery, onions
- and cilantro. Whisk the reserved dressing; pour over salad and toss
- to coat. Serve at room temperature. Yield: 8 servings.
Editor's Note: If you do not have a grilling grid, use a disposable foil pan. Poke holes in the bottom of the pan with a meat fork to allow liquid to drain.
Nutrition Facts: 3/4 cup equals 130 calories, 7 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 312 mg sodium, 16 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 2 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1 fat.