4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 2 medium yellow summer squash, sliced
- 2 medium sweet red peppers, sliced
- 1 large sweet onion, halved and sliced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- In a large bowl, combine all ingredients. Divide between two double
- thicknesses of heavy-duty foil (about 18 in. x 12 in.). Fold foil
- around vegetable mixture and seal tightly.
- Grill, covered, over medium heat for 10-15 minutes or until
- vegetables are tender. Open foils carefully to allow steam to
- escape. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 3/4 cup equals 124 calories, 7 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 159 mg sodium, 15 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 3 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 vegetable, 1-1/2 fat.