Grilled Steak Tossed Salad
“My grandmother gave me this recipe—it’s great for those hot summer nights and takes only a few minutes to make," says Warren Paulson of Mesa, Arizona.
2 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 4 cups Italian-blend salad greens
- 1/2 pound cooked beef sirloin steak, thinly sliced
- 4 tomato wedges
- 1/2 cup fresh whole kernel corn
- 1/3 cup prepared balsamic vinaigrette
- 1/4 cup shredded Romano cheese
- In a large bowl, combine the salad greens, steak, tomato wedges and
- corn. Drizzle with vinaigrette and toss to coat; sprinkle with
- cheese. Yield: 2 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving equals 310 calories, 14 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 69 mg cholesterol, 489 mg sodium, 21 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 27 g protein.
Wine: Light-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.