Grilled Sole with Nectarines
"I found this recipe years ago and adapted it to suit my family's tastes," notes Mary Rhoden from Waldport, Oregon. "We enjoy the delicate herb flavor of this grilled fish."
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 4 sole fillets (6 ounces each)
- 2 medium nectarines, peeled and sliced
- 1/2 cup sliced green onions
- 1-1/2 teaspoons chopped fresh tarragon or 1/2 teaspoon dried tarragon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon butter, melted
- Place each fillet on a double thickness of heavy-duty foil (about 18
- in. x 12 in.). Arrange nectarines around the fillets. Sprinkle with
- green onions, tarragon, salt, pepper and butter. Fold foil around
- fish and seal tightly.
- Grill, covered, over medium heat for 7-8 minutes or until fish flakes
- easily with a fork. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutrition Facts: One serving equals 201 calories, 3 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 84 mg cholesterol, 296 mg sodium, 9 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 33 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 4 lean meat, 1/2 fruit.
Wine: Light-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.