Grilled Sirloin Teriyaki
“The marinade for this super-tender Asian-style beef also works well with fish, chicken and pork.” Fast and fabulous! —Agnes Ward, Stratford, Ontario
2 ServingsPrep: 10 min. + marinating Grill: 10 min.
- 3 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 4-1/2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons minced fresh gingerroot
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/8 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 beef top sirloin steak (1 inch thick and 1/2 pound)
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the first six ingredients.
- Add the steak; seal bag and turn to coat. Refrigerate for 8 hours or
- Drain and discard marinade. Using long-handled tongs, moisten a paper
- towel with cooking oil and lightly coat the grill rack. Grill beef,
- covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 4-5
- minutes on each side or until meat reaches desired doneness (for
- medium-rare, a meat thermometer should read 145°; medium,
- 160°; well-done, 170°). Yield: 2 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 3 ounces cooked beef equals 163 calories, 5 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 46 mg cholesterol, 279 mg sodium, 4 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 25 g protein. Diabetic Exchange: 3 lean meat.