Grilled Shrimp with Cilantro Sauce
Make this zippy, change-of-pace recipe from our Test Kitchen for a lip-smacking cilantro sauce that really dresses up grilled shrimp.
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1-1/2 cups fresh cilantro leaves
- 4 teaspoons minced fresh gingerroot
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled
- 3 tablespoons plus 1-1/2 teaspoons canola oil
- 1-1/2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 12 uncooked jumbo shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 teaspoon lemon-pepper seasoning
- In a small food processor, combine the cilantro, ginger and garlic;
- cover and process until cilantro and garlic are chopped. While
- processing, gradually add oil and lemon juice in a steady stream
- until smooth. Transfer to a small serving bowl; set aside.
- Thread shrimp onto four metal or soaked wooden skewers. Sprinkle with
- lemon-pepper. Moisten a paper towel with cooking oil; using
- long-handled tongs, lightly coat the grill rack.
- Grill, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 6-8
- minutes or until shrimp turn pink, turning once. Serve with cilantro
- sauce. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 3 shrimp with 3 tablespoons sauce equals 294 calories, 26 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 93 mg cholesterol, 327 mg sodium,