Grilled Shrimp Scampi
When I was in second grade, my class put together a cookbook. I saw this recipe from one of my friends, and I thought my mom would like it. —Charlotte Roos, Minneapolis, Minnesota
6 ServingsPrep: 15 min. + marinating Grill: 10 min.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1-1/2 pounds uncooked jumbo shrimp, peeled and deveined
- Hot cooked jasmine rice
- Minced fresh parsley
- In a large bowl, whisk the first five ingredients. Add shrimp; toss
- to coat. Refrigerate, covered, 30 minutes.
- Thread shrimp onto six metal or soaked wooden skewers. Grill,
- covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from heat 6-8 minutes or
- until shrimp turn pink, turning once. Serve with rice; sprinkle with
- parsley. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 skewer (calculated without rice) equals 118 calories, 4 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 138 mg cholesterol, 184 mg sodium, 1 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 18 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 meat, 1/2 fat.
Wine: Light-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.