- Drain and discard marinade. Alternately thread the shrimp, pineapple,
- green pepper and onion on eight metal or soaked wooden skewers.
- Using long-handled tongs, moisten a paper towel with cooking oil and
- lightly coat the grill rack. Grill kabobs, covered, over medium heat
- or broil 4 in. from the heat for 5 minutes on each side or until
- shrimp turn pink, basting occasionally with reserved sauce. Serve
- with rice. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutrition Facts: One serving (2 kabobs with 3/4 cup rice) equals 428 calories, 6 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 161 mg cholesterol, 775 mg sodium, 71 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 23 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 2-1/2 starch, 2 vegetable, 1 fruit, 1 fat.
Wine: Light-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.