Grilled Seasoned Bratwurst
For a savory take on a summer classic, our Test Kitchen came up with a brat that’s sure to please. Great summer eating can’t get much easier.
2 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 2 uncooked bratwurst links
- 1 can (12 ounces) beer or nonalcoholic beer
- 1 small onion, halved and sliced
- 1-1/2 teaspoons fennel seed
- 2 brat buns, split and toasted
- Place bratwurst in a large saucepan; add the beer, onion and fennel.
- Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 8-10 minutes or
- until meat is no longer pink. Drain and discard beer mixture.
- Grill bratwurst, covered, over indirect medium heat for 7-8 minutes
- or until a thermometer reads 160°, turning occasionally. Serve
- on buns with toppings of your choice. Yield: 2 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 bratwurst with bun (prepared with turkey bratwurst) equals 440 calories, 21 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 75 mg cholesterol, 1,052 mg sodium, 44 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 23 g protein.
Wine: Medium-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer