Grilled Salmon Steaks
Salmon is a popular fish that's rich in nutrients. Seasoned with herbs and lemon juice, these flame broiled steaks are excellent. Sprinkle the hot coats with rosemary for additional flavor or quickly prepare the entree indoors using your broiler. Robert Bishop
6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 3 tablespoons dried rosemary, crushed, divided
- 1 tablespoon rubbed sage
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 6 salmon steaks (6 ounces each)
- In a small bowl, combine 4-1/2 teaspoons rosemary, sage, pepper,
- lemon juice and oil. Drizzle over both sides of salmon steaks.
- Sprinkle the remaining rosemary over hot coals for added flavor.
- Using long-handled tongs, moisten a paper towel with cooking oil and
- lightly coat the grill rack. Grill salmon, covered, over medium heat
- or broil 4 in. from the heat for 6-8 minutes on each side or until
- fish flakes easily with a fork. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutrition Facts: One serving equals 334 calories, 20 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 112 mg cholesterol, 81 mg sodium, 2 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 34 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 5 lean meat, 1 fat.
Wine: Full-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.