Grilled Rubbed Pork
Susan Tuma of Faribault, Minnesota perks up pork tenderloin with an easy rub that's both sweet and spicy. "We make this dish all summer long, and I get loads of requests for the recipe because the meat is so moist and flavorful," Susan says. "The leftovers make great sandwiches, too."
6 ServingsPrep: 5 min. + marinating Grill: 25 min.
- 2 pork tenderloins (1 pound each)
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Place pork in a 13-in. x 9-in. dish. Combine the remaining
- ingredients; rub over pork. Cover and refrigerate for up to 3 hours.
- Using long-handled tongs, moisten a paper towel with cooking oil and
- lightly coat the grill rack. Prepare grill for indirect heat using a
- drip pan. Place pork over drip pan and grill, covered, over indirect
- medium-hot heat for 25-40 minutes or until a meat thermometer reads
- 160°. Let stand for 5 minutes before slicing. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 4 ounces cooked pork equals 220 calories, 6 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 91 mg cholesterol, 76 mg sodium, 8 g carbohydrate, 0.55 g fiber, 33 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 4 lean meat, 1/2 starch.
Wine: Sweet White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a