- For grilled romaine, cut romaine hearts in half lengthwise, leaving
- ends intact. Brush with oil; sprinkle with salt and pepper. Place
- romaine halves cut sides down on grill. Grill, covered, over medium
- heat for 3-4 minutes on each side or until slightly charred and
- For dressing, place the oil, vinegar, garlic and brown sugar in a
- food processor; cover and process until smooth.
- Coarsely chop romaine; divide among 10 salad plates. Top with tomato
- mixture; drizzle with dressing. Sprinkle with cheese. Yield: 10
Editor's Note: If you do not have a grill wok or basket, use a disposable foil pan. Poke holes in the bottom of the pan with a meat fork to allow liquid to drain.
Nutrition Facts: 1 cup equals 198 calories, 14 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 2 mg cholesterol, 164 mg sodium, 16 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 3 g protein.