Grilled Ribeye Steaks
"In summer, I love to marinate these steaks overnight, then grill them for family and friends," writes Tim Hanchon of Muncie, Indiana. "When the weather is not as nice, they can be cooked under the broiler." The recipe makes a lot, so you can use the extra steak to make Pepper Steak Salad or Steak Tortillas (also found in Recipe Finder).
4 ServingsPrep: 10 min. + marinating Grill: 10 min.
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 1/2 cup sliced green onions
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2-1/2 pounds beef ribeye steaks
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine soy sauce, onions, brown
- sugar, garlic, ginger and pepper; add the steaks. Seal bag and turn
- to coat. Refrigerate 8 hours or overnight.
- Drain and discard marinade. Grill steaks, uncovered, over medium-hot
- heat 8-10 minutes or until meat reaches desired doneness (for
- medium-rare, a thermometer should read 145°; medium, 160°;
- well-done, 170°). Yield: 4 servings.
Wine: Full-Bodied Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.