Grilled Pork Tenderloin Satay
My dad made this often when grilling for the family. I love this served on roasted veggies and yellow rice. Peanut butter and soy sauce come together for great Asian flavor. —Gayle Jefferson, Las Vegas, Nevada
4 ServingsPrep: 25 min. Grill: 10 min.
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup water
- 3 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons reduced-fat creamy peanut butter
- 4-1/2 teaspoons canola oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 pork tenderloin (1 pound)
- In a small saucepan, bring the first eight ingredients to a boil.
- Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 10-12 minutes or until
- thickened. Set aside 1/2 cup mixture for sauce.
- Cut pork in half widthwise; cut each half into thin strips. Thread
- pork strips onto eight metal or soaked wooden skewers. Grill,
- uncovered, over medium-hot heat for 2-3 minutes on each side or
- until no longer pink, basting occasionally with remaining mixture.
- Serve with reserved sauce. Yield: 8 skewers (1/2 cup sauce).
Nutrition Facts: 2 skewers with 2 tablespoons sauce equals 287 calories, 12 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 63 mg cholesterol, 549 mg sodium, 19 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 26 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1-1/2 fat,