- basil, garlic and oregano; cook 1 minute longer. Stir in wine. Bring
- to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes.
- Add the broth, tomatoes and salt; bring to a boil. Reduce to heat to
- a gentle boil; slowly whisk in cornmeal. Cook and stir with a wooden
- spoon for 15-20 minutes or until polenta is thickened and pulls away
- cleanly from the side of the pan. Spread into a 9-in. square baking
- pan coated with cooking spray. Cool to room temperature, about 30
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute mushrooms and shallot in oil
- until tender. Add the garlic, salt and pepper; cook 1 minute longer.
- Add wine, stirring to loosen browned bits from pan. Gradually stir
- in cream. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cook and stir for 5-10
- minutes or until slightly thickened.
- Cut polenta into nine squares. Grill, covered, over medium heat for
- 5-7 minutes on each side or until crisp and golden brown. Serve with
- mushroom sauce. Yield: 9 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 polenta square with about 1/4 cup sauce equals 258 calories, 19 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 38 mg cholesterol, 603 mg sodium, 17 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 4 g protein.
Wine: Full-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.