Fresh pineapple adds an elegant touch to a barbecue when grilled, topped with butter and maple syrup and sprinkled with nuts. Polly Heer of Cabot, Arkansas suggests cutting each pineapple quarter into bite-size pieces before serving.
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 fresh pineapple
- 2 tablespoons chopped macadamia nuts or hazelnuts, toasted
- Combine syrup and butter; set aside. Quarter the pineapple
- lengthwise, leaving top attached.
- Using long-handled tongs, moisten a paper towel with cooking oil and
- lightly coat the grill rack. Grill, uncovered, over medium heat for
- 5 minutes. Turn; brush with maple butter. Grill 5-7 minutes longer
- or until heated through; brush with maple butter and sprinkle with
- nuts. Serve with remaining maple butter. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving equals 215 calories, 12 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 23 mg cholesterol, 101 mg sodium, 29 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 1 g protein.