Just a few minutes and a handful of ingredients are all you’ll need for this scrumptious side dish. Hoisin sauce and rice wine vinegar give grilled pattypans Asian flair.
6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 6 cups pattypan squash (about 1-1/2 pounds)
- 1/4 cup apricot spreadable fruit
- 2 teaspoons hoisin sauce
- 1 teaspoon rice vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground ginger
- Place squash in a grill wok or basket coated with cooking spray.
- Grill, covered, over medium heat for 4 minutes on each side or until
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine the remaining ingredients.
- Transfer squash to a serving bowl; add sauce and toss gently. Yield:
- 6 servings.
Editor's Note: If you do not have a grill wok or basket, use a disposable foil pan. Poke holes in the bottom of the pan with a meat fork to allow liquid to drain.
Nutrition Facts: 3/4 cup equals 54 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), trace cholesterol, 127 mg sodium, 12 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 1 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 vegetable, 1/2 starch.