Grilled PBJ Sandwiches
I was going to make grilled cheese sandwiches one day and had already buttered several slices of bread when I found I was out of cheese. So I pulled out some peanut butter and jelly, and the result was this tasty version of a popular classic.
2 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 4 tablespoons peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons strawberry jam
- 4 slices English muffin or white toasting bread
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- Confectioners' sugar, optional
- Spread peanut butter and jam on two slices of bread; top with
- remaining bread. Butter the outsides of sandwiches; cook in a large
- skillet over medium heat until golden brown on each side. Dust with
- confectioners' sugar if desired. Yield: 2 servings.