Mushrooms cooked over hot coals always taste good, but this easy recipe makes the mushrooms taste fantastic. As the mother of two children, I love to cook entire meals on the grill. It's fun spending time outdoors with the kids. —Melanie Knoll, Marshalltown, Iowa
4-6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1/2 pound whole fresh medium mushrooms
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1/2 teaspoon dill weed
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- Thread mushrooms on skewers. Combine butter, dill and garlic salt;
- brush over mushrooms.
- Using long-handled tongs, moisten a paper towel with cooking oil and
- lightly coat the grill rack. Grill over hot heat or broil 3-4 in.
- from the heat, for 10-15 minutes, basting and turning every 5
- minutes. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 cup) equals 77 calories, 8 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 20 mg cholesterol, 230 mg sodium, 2 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 1 g protein.