Grilled Lemon-Rosemary Chicken
This chicken has been a favorite for years. If you want to bring your dinner outside, it can be grilled instead of broiled. —Rebecca Sodergren, Centerville, Ohio
6 ServingsPrep: 10 min. + marinating Grill: 15 min.
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (6 ounces each)
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the first six ingredients.
- Add the chicken; seal bag and turn to coat. Refrigerate for 2 hours.
- Drain and discard marinade. Moisten a paper towel with cooking oil;
- using long-handled tongs, lightly coat the grill rack. Grill
- chicken, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for
- 6-8 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 170°.
- Yield: 6 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 chicken breast half equals 187 calories, 4 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 94 mg cholesterol, 102 mg sodium, 1 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 34 g protein. Diabetic Exchange: 5 lean meat.
Wine: Light-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon