Grilled Lamb Chops
Even folks who don't prefer lamb can't resist these tender chops. The seasonings is easy to prepare and really complements the lamb.DeLea Lonadier, Montgomery, Louisiana
3 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried tarragon
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 6 lamb loin chops (1-1/4 inches thick and 6 ounces each)
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine first seven ingredients;
- add lamb chops. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate 10-15
- Drain and discard marinade. Grill chops, covered, over medium-hot
- heat 7 minutes on each side or until meat reaches desired doneness
- (for medium-rare, a thermometer should read 145°; medium,
- 160°; well-done, 170°). Yield: 3 servings.
Wine: Medium-Bodied Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.